• What is the price for an evaluation?

$45 for renewing patients and $50 for new patients.


• What is prop 215?

PROPOSITION 215, the California Compassionate Use Act, was enacted by the voters and took effect on Nov. 6, 1996 as California Health & Safety Code 11362.5. The law makes it legal for patients and their designated primary caregivers to possess and cultivate marijuana for their personal medical use given the recommendation or approval of a California-licensed physician.

• What conditions qualify?

Acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS), HIV infection, ADD, ADHD, Anorexia, Cachexia, Anxiety, Arthritis, Asthma, Cancer, Chronic pain, Chron’s Disease, Depression, Diabetic Neuropathy, Fibromyalgia, Gastrointestinal Disorders, Glaucoma, Hepatitis C, Inflammatory bowel disease (IBS), Insomnia, Menstrual Cramps (Severe), Migraine headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Nausea (Severe), Neuroglogical Disorders, Persistent muscle spasms, Psychological Disorders, Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), Seizures. Any other chronic or persistent medical symptom that limits a person’s major life activities.

• I am a new patient. What should I bring to my appointment?

A valid CA I.D. or Driver’s License, cash or credit, medical records (optional, not required).


• What does the exam entail?

We are required by the medical board of CA to perform a history and physical with every patient. All exams are performed by a CA- licensed physician.


• What is a Letter of Recommendation?

A letter of recommendation is a written documentation from the attending physician, stating the patient has been diagnosed with a serious medical condition and the medical use of marijuana is appropriate. This is the document you will present to dispensaries in order to gain access to your medicine. If you decide to grow, please post a copy next to your plants.

• What is a photo ID card?

You have the option of purchasing a colour photo ID card once you qualify. These cards are optional, but recommended. They can help law enforcement identify you as a valid patient. Our photo ID cards can also be used at dispensaries you frequently visit once you sign up with your original recommendation.


• How old do I have to be?

18 and over. Minors can be evaluated with the consent of their parent or legal guardian. The parent or legal guardian must be present during the examination process.


• What happens if I don’t qualify?

There is no charge for the evaluation if you don’t qualify.


• Can my employer find out I have a recommendation?

No. You are protected by federal HIPPA laws. Your records are all private and confidential. An employer can not access this information.


• I don’t smoke, but I am interested in medical marijuana to alleviate my condition. Are there other ways of ingesting it?

You do not have to smoke marijuana to benefit relief from it. Many dispensaries are offering edibles (baked goods with marijuana in it), pills/capsules, tincture sprays, creams, and oils. You also have the option of vaporizing it.


* Looking for information on Prop 64 (January 1st, 2018)? Click Here!


For MMJ verification, please click here: 

New Leaf Wellness Center
13347 W Washington Blvd.
Culver City , CA 90066
Phone: 424-201-0611
Office Hours

Get in touch